Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Who is this Michael Bast?... Who cares?

Hi there everybody! My name is Michael Bast and I am an author.
I am from Arizona, I have five nasty kids that I kind of like, depends on the day. 
I used to collect a lot of different things. Comics, baseball cards, precious stones, toys, movies, music, stuff like that. But this is what is a little weird about me. I didn’t like to read comics, I wasn’t a big baseball fan. I couldn’t tell you the difference between a sapphire and a ruby besides that their different colors. So why did I collect them? This is a bit embarrassing, because I thought I was going to get rich, by holding on to them… guess what, it didn’t work.


Now a days I don’t do quite the same type of collecting even though I do have three huge boxes filled with action figures in my garage… do I occasionally take them out and set them up into elaborate battle scenes… that’s none of your business and I’d appreciate if you’d stop asking me such personal questions. Nosey.







I also collect music and movies. I own over a 1000 dvds. You want me to tell you the sad thing… I probably haven’t seen a third of those movies. So why do I collect them? Because one day I may be sitting in my living room and get an overwhelming urge to watch Troll 2. If it isn’t in my library what am I gonna do? Blockbuster has closed down and the nearest red box is at least a mile and a half… Do you know how expensive gas is?… I really don’t know why I collect them, maybe I am like one of those crazy end of the world nuts that stockpiles prunes and deer jerkey, but instead I am stockpiling movies. Who knows?

Before becoming an author I was a filmmaker. I made a couple of independent films and documentaries. I always believed that filmmaking was my greatest passion, but then I finally heeded my wife’s nagging and sat down to write a book. I haven’t made a movie or thought about filmmaking since. I have written three books and am in the process of writing a fourth. 



My first book is called Calypso the Wonder Dolphin, it’s the story of a magical porpoise that fights terrorists that attack Disney World. It’s actually based on historical events… That actually sounds pretty good…(Hold on I’m just jotting that down) No my first book is actually called Crossovers. It is the story of a boy who has always been able to see things and people that aren’t supposed to be there, not ghosts, but something far more dangerous. He has been kept hidden and protected his whole life, but then by an accident his existence is discovered. So the bad dudes are coming for him… Maybe it isn’t quite as spine tingling as Calypso the Wonder Dolphin, but I love it.
So anyway, I am excited for you to check out my books. I hope you like them.

Thanks guys! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment